Sunday, April 10, 2011

I'm just a girl

I'm just a girl.
Most of the time I am fearless, strong, and almost too confident.
But there are days, when it all seems to fall apart.
My insecurity screams that I am not enough,
that everything I do, every decision I make is wrong.
I become that girl, who is scared of the world.
Ready to crumble and fall in a moment.
Fragile and fearful I am.
I think that I am not good enough, for the friends who surround me.
What do I have to give? What is the point?
I want to run and hide.
Crawl in my bed, and curl up...
Never to be seen again, I want to hide under the covers.
Sleep away the pain.
But I am not that girl.
Tis but a moment.
A moment I know will eventually pass.
Till then,
I have to remind myself that I AM wonderful.
I am NOT worthless.
I AM beautiful.
Till I believe these truths again
I let the music and words of better days wash over my soul.
My life is not just this moment.
But a beautiful quilt of many moments,
Most have yet to come.
So I sit and I wait,
Till I once again become the girl I know I really am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter